The Weber Dental Laboratory originated in 1928 by Irvin H.
Weber in the back of Dr. Harry Gill's, DMD Office in Newport, Ky.
This adventure was heavily influenced by his brother-in-law
Dr. Gill who practiced dentistry. In 1934
Weber Dental moved to a garage at 6th and Overton Streets in Newport, KY.
Irvin H. Weber
6th and Overton Street, Newport, KY
As the business began to grow, Mr. Weber was
in desperate need of more space to operate. In 1942 he
moved his business to 331/2 East 7th Street in Newport on
the 2nd Floor. This move not only allowed him to grow, but
also allowed him to hire more employees to help the workload
he had acquired. In 1950 he expanded and took over the
adjacent office for office work and storage.
33 1/2 East 7th Street, Newport, KY
On May 1st, 1969, Mr.
Weber decided it was time for his retirement and sold the business to an employee of 36 years, Roy C. Wagner, CDT. Mr.
Wagner kept all of the employees and added his wife and three
children to the force over the next several years. He kept the
name "Weber" since Weber Dental Lab has been a familiar name
throughout the Greater Cincinnati Dental Offices. The lab
was incorporated on July 31, 1971.
In 1976, it became
apparent that it was time to change locations due to the
shakiness of the building landlords and the deteriation of the
building itself. So Mr. Wagner began searching for a new
location. After considering several sights in Dayton, Ky and
Highland Heights, Ky; he settled on an abandoned gasoline
station in Ft. Thomas, KY. After 3 months of renovation of the
existing building and adding on a 20 foot addition, Weber Dental
Lab, Inc. moved to it's present location at 1120 South Fort Thomas
Ave. in Fort Thomas, KY on January 20, 1977
1120 South Fort Thomas Ave, Ft Thomas, KY
Mr. Wagner was finally
close to home and owned his own building. But his stay was
short there for he was diagnosed with cancer on August 12th and
past on October 10th, 1977, leaving his wife and son Douglas C.
Wagner to carry the business on. Doug obtained his
certification in 1979. Doug and his wife Linda K. Wagner took over the business
completely in 1985.
Today we serve over 140
area and nationwide dentists. We specialize in Full and Partial Removables,
Implant Appliances, Nightguards and Ticonium Frameworks. We
still use our own personal delivery system.
In 2009 we celebrated our
80th year in business and we plan on being around for a long
Vision is to
work together as a team - Dentist and Technician - to produce
quality appliances for the patient with good sound quality
materials and stand behind what we produce.